Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions of Use of websiteThe use of this web site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
- (a) The ASEM SMEs Eco-Innovation Center (ASEIC) maintains this web site (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The ASEIC grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for the User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Material within this Site.
- (b) The ASEIC administers this Site. All Material on this Site from the ASEIC appears subject to the present Terms and Conditions.
- (c) Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various ASEIC staff members, consultants, contracted service providers, advisers, and partners to the ASEIC who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the ASEIC.
DisclaimersMaterials provided on this Site are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The ASEIC specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. The ASEIC periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall the ASEIC be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of this Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the ASEIC or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the ASEIC has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the ASEIC is not liable for any conduct of any User.
This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. The ASEIC does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither the ASEIC nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify the ASEIC and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any Material on this Site or with any of its Terms and Conditions of Use, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
This Site may contain links and references to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the ASEIC, and the ASEIC is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The ASEIC provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by the ASEIC.
If this Site contains bulletin boards, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- (a) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- (b) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- (c) Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
- (d) Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- (e) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- (f) Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- (g) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
The boundaries and names shown and the designations used on the maps on this site do not imply official endorsement or acceptance by the ASEIC.
Country and area nomenclatureThe designations employed and the presentation of material in this website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the ASEIC concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The term “country” as used in this material also refers, as appropriate, to territories or areas.
Privacy noticeBy accessing this site, certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the Site, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on ASEIC servers. These will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for web site traffic analysis. If the User provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. The ASEIC, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
GeneralThe ASEIC reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. The ASEIC shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
The ASEIC reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
No waiver by the ASEIC of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.